White Gazpacho and Big Fat Burritos
Meal 1: Big Fat Burritos - Late Summer Edition, Leopard Rice
· Heat the burrito briefly in the microwave to get the chill out. Then either bake at 350° for about 10 minutes to heat through and crisp the shell OR heat a generous quantity of fat or oil in a pan and pan fry them to make stovetop chimichangas. When the oil is hot but not smoking add the burrito ( microwaved as above) seam side down. Brown over medium heat - about 1 minute. Use tongs to turn to the opposite side and repeat for all 4 sides until the burrito is deeply golden brown and crisp. Amazing with sour cream or yogurt and hot sauce.
· Heat a little oil in a sauté pan. When hot add the rice. Stir and allow to brown a little, heat through, and become fragrant. Toss, adjust the seasoning, and serve when hot.
Meal 2: White Gazpacho, Challah Pinwheels, Blue Moon Salad
· Serve the spop chilled or at room temp.
· Warm the bread. Serve with soft butter
· Dress and serve the salad.