Squash/Broccoli Curry and Potato-Leek Soup
Meal 1: Kabocha and Broccoli Thai Curry, Herbed Basmati, Tofu in Peanut Sauce
· Warm the curry gently. Serve when hot.
· Heat the rice gradually , in a microwave, with a little water so the grains warm by steaming. Serve under or just beside the curry. Alternately to heat, use a saute pan and a very little bit of butter, then a dash or two of water on the rice to generate steam. You can also go ahead and make fried rice with a generous use of fat. I'll microwave mine and serve the curry on top.
· Lightly warm the tofu in its jar in a microwave - just enough to soften the sauce. Fold to dress evenly and serve.
Meal 2: Potato-Leek Bisque, Spelt-Flax Bread, Snug Haven Escarole Salad
· Heat the soup gently and serve when it comes to a simmer.
· Warm the bread. So good with soft butter and a sprinkle of salt.
· Dress the salad.