Wild Leek Blintzes and Parsnip-Green Garlic Soup
Meal 1: Potato-Wild Leek Blitzes, French Lentils w. Chevre, Sautéed Hakuri Turnips with their Greens
· Warm the potato filling briefly in the microwave. Mash / fold gently in preparation for use.
· Carefully separate the crepes and spread out. Place a cylinder of filling about 3" long, horizontally in the center of each crepe. Fold the side of the crepe in and onto the filling. Fold up the bottom and roll up to make a mini burrito - this is your blintz.
· Heat a little butter over medium in a sauté pan. When hot add the blintzes seam side down. Allow the blintz to brown well, 1-2 minutes then turn and cook the opposite side. Brown again. Roll them and cook each remaining side to brown evenly on each of their 4 sides. Manage your heat up or down as necessary. Serve hot. Sour cream is traditional on top.
· Heat the lentils in a sauce pan, stir gently to heat through and fold in the chevre.
· Do your best to separate the turnip s from their greens but don't sweat it. Heat some butter and /or oil ( this is a fine place for bacon fat too btw) in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the turnips and sauté, allowing them to brown a little. About 2 minutes. When they've browned lightly add a little salt and toss again. Cook a minute longer and test one for doneness. Tey should not be overly soft, but not raw either. Delicately toothsome is about right. Is that vague enough? Add the greens and more butter if necessary ( or just because ) toss allowing the greens to wilt and brown lightly and serve.
Meal 2: Green Garlic and Parsnip Soup, Flax-Sunflower Bread, Butterhead Lettuce Salad
· Warm the soup gently.
· Warm the bread and serve with butter.
· Tear up the lettuce leaves and slice the radish thin. Dress.