The Passover Menu
Meal 1: Spiced Meat(less)loaves, Sephardic Chick Peas, Sautéed Kale
· Vegetarian: Cook the veggieloaves in the tin in a 350° oven for 20 -30 minutes. Test doneness with the tip of a knife or a food thermometer. Shoot for 145° internal temp or better. Let rest 5 minutes or so and use the paper liner to lift the loaf out of the tin. Cut and serve. PLEASE! Do not use metal utensils of any kind in the tin!! Just wipe out to clean.
· Meatloaves: Microwave very briefly and finish either in a 300° oven for maybe 10 or so minutes to just warm through OR braise gently in the chickpea dish. Just nestle the loaf right down in there without completely submerging it. Use a saucepan. It should take less than 10 minutes at a very gentle simmer. Maybe use a lid to speed the process. You will likely need to add a little water and adjust the seasoning.
· Heat the chickpeas in a saucepan stovetop or in a microwave.
· Sauté the kale with oil or butter. Add a pinch of salt. Serve when wilted and bright green.
Meal 2: Matzo Ball Soup, Roasted Cauliflower, Spinach Salad
· Warm the soup gently allowing it to simmer 3-5 minutes so the matzo balls can heat through.
· Heat a little butter or oil in a sauté pan. When hot add the cauliflower and toss. Allow to finish roasting in the pan. It will heat through and be tender. Be aware some of the sesame seeds may 'pop.'
· Shred up the spinach leaves a little and dress the salad.