Sweet Corn Fritters and Heirloom Tomato Pizza
Meal 1: Sweet Corn Fritters, Barley Salad, and Four Bean Salad
· Heat some oil in a well seasoned or non-stick pan. Sprinkle a little salt into the corn mixture and stir well. If you are preparing this dish later in the week it may be a little watery. Add a sprinkle of flour to help bind it a little.
· When the oil is hot but not smoking add 2-3oz dollops of batter to the pan and pat them gently into pancake shape. They should be 1-2 kernels thick. Allow to fry 2-3 minutes adding oil if necessary.
· Carefully use a spatula to test the fritter: if it slides readily without breaking it is ready to be gently flipped to cook the other side. 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Cook the remaining fritters. 2-3 per share.
· Chop the tomato and fold into the barley salad. Serve chilled.
· Toss the beans with their dressing and garnishes. Serve chilled.
Meal 2: Roasted Heirloom Pizza, Summer Crisp Salad, Sautéed Vegetables
· Heat the pizzas on a cookie tray in the oven at 425 for about 10 minutes ( sorry!)
· Heat a little oil or butter ( or both!) in a saute pan. When hot, add the vegetables and stir to coat with the oil. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Allow the vegetables to brighten, wilt, and even lightly brown. Larger shares should cook in batches.
· Dress the salad.