Split Pea Soup and Sesame Noodles
The 608 CSK
March 3, 2019
Meal 1: Split Pea Soup, Whole Wheat Flax Seed Boules, Spinach Salad
· Heat the soup gently and serve when just simmering.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter.
· Dress and serve the salad.
Meal 2: Cold Sesame Noodles, Baked Tofu, Stir Fry Mix
· In a bowl, very briefly microwave the noodles or set out and allow to come to room temp. Warm the sauce just a bit, gently in a microwave. Pour over the sauce over the noodles and mix.
· Heat a sauté pan with a little oil. Allow it to get very hot and just start smoking. Separate the Tat Soi from the cabbage veg mix. Chop the tat soi. Add the veg mix to the pan and stir fry. After 1 -2 minutes the veggies will have colored and started to soften a bit. Add a pinch of salt. Clear the pan, allow to come back up to temperature with oil and do the same with the Tat Soi. Serve on top/side of noodles.
· Allow the tofu to come up to room temperature, slice at an angle, put on top of noodles.