South Western Corn Chowder and Cannelloni
Updated: Jan 14, 2020
Meal 1: Cannelloni Marinara Stuffed with Snug Haven Spinach, Ricotta, and Beef w. Roasted Red Onion -Chick Pea Salad
· Warm the cannelloni filling briefly in a microwave. Fold together.
· Arrange the cannelloni crepes on a work area. Place the filling down length, just below center. Roll up like a cigar.
· Transfer to a baking dish and heat for 15- 20 minutes at 325°.
· Heat the marinara and top the cannelloni. Serve.
· Serve the chick peas at room temp, or heat over medium in a little olive oil in a sauté pan.
Meal 2: South Western Corn Chowder, Escarole Salad, Yeasted Corn Bread
· Heat the soup and allow to simmer a minute or two. If you like, cook some bacon chunks in the pan first, drain off some of the fat if necessary, then add the soup on top and heat through.
· Warm the bread. We like to cut it into thick slabs and toast them in 'too much butter' in a skillet until golden brown - about a minute per side.
· Dress the salad.