Sopes and Pasta Bolognese
Meal 1: Pasta Bolognese or w. Wild Mushrooms, Red and Green Oakleaf Lettuce Salad, Whole Wheat Batard
· Heat the sauce in a sauté pan or other pot large enough to hold all the pasta and the sauce. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer.
· Microwave the pasta briefly to get the chill out. Alternately plunge it into boiling water, then drain well.
· Add the warm pasta to the hot sauce and stir to combine. Allow to heat 1-2 minutes. Serve with shaved hard cheese on top.
· Warm the bread. Wonderful with a dish of olive oil and maybe some olives.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Sopes with Sweet Corn (& Pork) Molé and Refried Black Beans
· Warm the molé and refried beans gently. A microwave or stovetop is fine.
· The sopes are formed from the masa mixture in the jar - it looks like white dough. Prepare the sopes as illustrated in the videos. Please let me know if you have any questions.
· When the sopes are fried crisp and hot top them with the beans and then the molé and serve.