Rolled Pizza and Green Goodness
Meal 1: Red Onion Stromboli, Chick Peas with Pickled Onion, Spinach Salad
· Heat stromboli on a baking sheet in the oven at 325° for about 10 minutes to heat through. Serve.
· Toss the chick peas with their garnish to combine. Serve chilled.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Max's Miraculous Spinach Soup, Polenta, Glazed Vegetables
· Warm the soup gently to preserve its green color or serve cold ( nah, not today.) Check the seasoning and serve.
· Cut the polenta blocks into 4 squares per person. Heat a little oil/ butter/fat in a sauté pan (not olive oil). Non-stick is great. When the oil is hot add each polenta piece and cook until browned: 3, maybe 4 minutes over medium heat. It is fairly slow compared to other foods we brown. Flip and brown the other side. Serve.
· Heat a little butter or olive oil in a sauté pan over medium. When hot add the vegetables and a sprinkle of salt. Sauté and allow to heat through and finish cooking. Add a tiny splash of water if necessary. A lid works well to speed the process. Serve when hot.