Pozole and Onion Bhajis
Meal 1: Pozole, Cornbread w. Green Chile, Sautéed Spinach
· Bring the pozole to a simmer on the stovetop and serve when hot.
· Sautee the spinach in butter until wilted and bright green. Season and serve.
· Slice the cornbread into thick slices and toast in plenty of butter - about 1 minute per side.
Meal 2: Onion Bhajis, Curried Parsnip w. French Lentils, Indian Fried Rice
· Heat the parsnip curry gently in a saucepan.
· Stirfry the rice in a hot pan with a little oil or butter. Allow to brown lightly and stir to heat through and become fragrant. Transfer to a serving bowl.
· Transfer the bhaji mix into a bowl and season with salt. Heat some oil over medium heat in a non-stick or well seasoned pan. When hot, add a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the fat and flatten into a 1/3" thick pancake. Fit others into the pan as you are able. You should have about 5 bhajis per share. Fry 2 minutes or so on each side. They should brown well and crisp at the edges. Drain on paper towel and serve. Great w. yogurt.