Pot-au-Feu and Black Eyed Peas
Meal 1: Black Eyed Pea Stew, Sautéed Collard Greens, & Roasted Sweet Potatoes
· Heat stew gently. Allow to simmer. Serve.
· Heat a sauté pan with some butter or other fat. When hot but not browned, add the sweet potatoes. Toss to dress. Toss again as needed and allow to heat through. A lid is useful for this, but it shouldn't take more then 2-3 minutes, so don't walk away. When hot, transfer to a serving dish.
· Re-grease and heat the sauté pan. When hot add the collards and toss them to dress evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve bright green and wilted or add a lid and a splash of water and allow to steam for several minutes. The greens will soften more, but they will lose the vibrant color, and I think, some of their sweetness.
Meal 2: Pork Pot-au-Feu, Semolina-Sesame Boule, French Lentils
· Carefully transfer the pot-au-feu to a sauce pan. Use your hands or utensils to piece the pork into chunks or shreds as you prefer. Allow the pot to come to a simmer. Season and simmer 3-5 minutes or until all the vegetables and meat or beans are heated through.
· Warm the bread.
· Heat the lentils in a sauce pan or even a microwave. Add a little butter or dash of cream if you like. Shaved hard cheese like parmesan is great too.