Pasta e Cici and Oyster Mushroom Ragu
Meal 1: Pasta e Cici Primavera, Spelt-Flax Batard, Bibb Lettuce and Romaine Salad
· Heat the pasta e cici and allow to simmer and serve.
· Warm the bread and serve with olive oil.
· Slice the radish thinly to garnish the salad. Tear any large leaves to size and dress.
Meal 2: Polenta with Sautéed Greens and Golden Oyster Mushroom Ragu
· Unwrap the polenta, remove any parchment paper and pat dry. Cut each large square into about 6-8 smaller squares.
· Heat some oil in a non stick or well seasoned sauté pan. When hot add the polenta squares ( in batches if necessary ) starting with the drier or 'skin' side down. It will take 3-4 minutes to brown. When brown, flip and brown the other side fiddling with them as little as possible as they are more delicate on the bottom side. Transfer to a platter to drain, then arrange on serving plates.
· Heat a little butter or oil in a large sauté pan. When hot, add the greens. Season with salt and toss. Allow to brighten to wilt.
When the greens are cooked add the ragu to the pan with them and toss all to combine.Allow to come to a simmer and serve atop the polenta.