Paneer Makhani and Parsnip Cakes
Meal 1: Parsnip Cakes. Three Bean Salad, Kale-Parmesan Salad
· Gently transfer the parsnip cakes to a baking sheet and bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Serve when hot.
· Toss the 3 beaner with its dressing at the bottom of the jar and serve.
· Season the kale with a little salt, massage it into the leaves, and serve.
Meal 2: Paneer w. Tomato Curry, Spinach Dal, & Kidgeree
· Heat a generous amount of butter or oil in a sauté pan over medium high. When hot add the kidgeree ( spiced rice and lentils ). Toss and stir occasionally allowing the rice grains to brown slightly and the dish to become hot and fragrant. Reserve to serve with the curries.
· In a sauce pan gently heat the spinach dal, folding the spinach into dish. Do not over cook the spinach.
· Cut the paneer ( the white block of fresh cheese ) into cubes about 3/4" square.
· Heat a little butter or oil in a sauté pan over medium. When hot add the paneer chunks carefully. Systematically brown them on at least two sides. Moderate the heat to ensure they brown without burning.
· When the paneer is browned to your liking, CAREFULLY pour the tomato curry and peas over the paneer and simmer it all together for about 1 minute. Serve.