Pad Thai and Sondubu-jjigae
Meal 1: Pad Thai & Mixed Greens with Sweet Corn Pickle
· Warm the meat/sauce briefly in a microwave.
· Rinse the noodles in a colander and drain very, very well.
· Heat a little oil in a non stick or well seasoned large skillet.
· Carefully add the drained noodles. They will splatter loudly - use caution but be fearless! Stir and fry until they go from cloudy to clear. Larger shares should work in batches. Add the sauce and stir to combine and heat through. Transfer to a serving platter.
· Reheat and oil the pan. When hot add the vegetable mix. Stir fry until brightened and wilted. Season with a pinch of salt and serve atop the noodles.
· Dress the salad greens with the pickled sweet corn and a little oil. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
Meal 2: Sundubu-jjigae - Silken Tofu Stew - with Two Banchan: White Napa Kimchi and Diakon Kimchi w. Soybean Sprouts
· Carefully transfer the stew contents to a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer. Break the tofu into bite size chunks using a spoon. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Serve.
· Eat the pickled vegetables as side dishes to the stew. Serve chilled. This is live fermented food -they are probiotic!