Pad Thai and Blintzes
Meal 1: Pad Thai and Cucumbers in Green Curry Sauce
· Remove the egg from atop the meat sauce and reserve. Warm the meat/sauce briefly in a microwave.
· Rinse the noodles in a colander and drain very, very well.
· Heat a little oil in a non stick or well seasoned large skillet.
· Carefully add the drained noodles. They will splatter loudly - use caution but be fearless! Stir and fry until they go from cloudy to clear. Larger shares should work in batches. Add the sauce and stir to combine and heat through. Transfer to a serving platter.
· Reheat and oil the pan. When hot add the vegetable mix. Stir fry until brightened and wilted. Add the egg shreds. Fold in. Season with a pinch of salt and serve atop the noodles.
· Serve the cucumbers chilled.
Meal 2: Strawberry-Rhubarb and Ricotta Blintzes, Farro w. Yogurt Sauce, Bibb Lettuce Salad
· Arrange 3 crepes per person.
· Fold the strawberry-rhubarb and ricotta cheese together.
· Spoon the filling into the middle of the crepes, arranging it horizontally, but centrally. Fold in the sides of the crepes, then fold the bottom edge up over the filling and roll the crepes up to form each blitz. It should look like a small burrito.
· Heat butter over medium in a pan. When hot but not smoking add the blintzes seam side down. Brown - about 1 minute. Roll to the opposide side and brown again. Serve.
· Fold the farro into its dressing and garnishes. Check the seasoning and serve at room temp.
· Dress the salad, tearing large leaves to size first.