Nonni's Lasagna and Bubbie's Falafel
Meal 1: Hand Rolled Lasagna w. Spinach and Pork, Glazed Turnips
· Heat the lasagna briefly in the microwave to get the chill out then finish at 325° in the oven until the cheese on top is browning. 15 - 35 minutes depending on share size.
· Heat a sauté pan with a little butter over medium. Add the turnips. Toss and allow to heat through. A lid and a dash of water will speed the process. 3-5 minutes total should do it.
Meal 2: Falafel Croquettes, Pickled Carrot Salad, Israeli Couscous
· Unwrap the croquettes and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for about 15 minutes to heat through. Top with yogurt, sour cream, hot sauce, tahini, or as you like.
· Toss and serve the carrot salad chilled.
· Heat the couscous in a nonstick pan with a little oil to heat through.