Kimchi Noodle Pancakes and Equinox Stew
Meal 1: Kimchi Noodle Cakes and Miso Soup with Silken Tofu
· Heat a little oil in a sauté pan over medium high.
· Transfer the noodle mixture to a mixing bowl. Mix to fold in the sesame seeds.
· When the oil is heated, but not smoking, use a fork, tongs, chopsticks or your hand to add portions of the noodle mixture - approx. 3 / share - to the pan and form into pancakes in both height and diameter. Allow them to brown -about 2 minutes. Turn the patties and brown the other side. Adjust the heat as necessary to keep the oil hot but not scorching the pancakes. Add oil as needed to keep them frying and not toasting. Serve hot.
· Warm the soup gently and do not let it boil.
Meal 2: Equinox Stew , Pumpkin and Sunflower Seed Batard, Bibb Lettuce Salad
· Warm the stew gently to heat through. If you have some bacon or other treat, cook it off first in the saucepan, drain some of the fat, and then add the stew allowing it to heat together.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress and serve the salad.