Fried Rice with Stir Fried Veggies and Morel Polenta w. Vegetable Primavera
May 21, 2019
Meal 1: Pork or TVP Fried Rice, Stir Fried Bok Choi and Tat Soi, Chili Roasted Turnip w. Braised Tofu
· Heat a sauté pan with a little oil to almost smoking. Add the rice ( larger shares should work in batches ). Allow the rice to brown a little before stirring. Stir and toss to heat through. Serve and season with a little salt, soy sauce, or liquid aminos.
· Re-dress the pan with a little oil. Again, when just smoking add the choi/ soi and stir fry. Season with a little salt stirring and folding the veggies over to wilt and brighten them all. Serve.
· Gently shake up the tofu/ turnip to evenly disperse the sauce. Turn out into a hot pan and allow to simmer and thicken. Serve.
Meal 2: Morel Polenta with Vegetable Primavera, Bib Lettuce Salad, Multi-Seed Boule
· Unwrap the polenta squares and cut into four pieces. Heat a little butter in a non stick pan and fry the pieces to brown them. 2-3 minutes per side.
· Separate out the asparagus spears and green garlic stalk(s) from the bag of vegetables. Trim the base from the green garlic as you would a scallion. Next chop the stalk into 1/4 inch pieces. The whole vegetable is edible from tip to top. Chop the asparagus into 1 inch pieces. On a bias is nice.
· Heat some olive oil or butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the green garlic and allow to cook gently until aromatic - about 2 minutes. Turn up the heat and after a minute or so add the asparagus. Toss. Season with Salt and pepper. Allow to brighten and maybe brown lightly, but don't burn the garlic. Add the remaining greens, allow to wilt and serve atop the polenta.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress the salad.
3 views0 comments