Fried Rice and Pissladiere
Meal 1: Pissladiere, Chick Peas with Butternut Squash and Sesame, Spinach Salad
· Remove the tomato and bacon garnish from the onion mix. Warm briefly in the microwave to get the chill out. Top the pizza shells with the mix and bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes to heat through and lightly toast the shells. Allow to cool a bit, cut and serve. Pissladiere is not traditionally served with cheese but I won't judge you if you top this with a little grated parm or even stud it with a soft cheese like brie.
· Gently fold the chick peas and butternut together and serve at room temp.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Pork or Egg Fried Rice with Stir Fried Veggies and Braised Tofu w. Green Daikon
· Heat a little oil in a large non-stick or well seasoned pan over medium, medium-high.
· Remove the egg from the rice. When the pan is very hot add the rice/ pork. Stir and fry allowing the rice to heat through. Add the slightest dash of water only if necessary. Transfer to a serving platter.
· Reheat the pan as above. Add the vegetables and stir fry. Larger shares should work in batches to not crowd the pan. Store your batches atop the cooked rice. When the vegetables are bright and softened slightly ( about 2 minutes), season them lightly with salt and add the hot rice folding all together to combine. Serve with the egg as garnish.
· Reheat the pan over medium. Shake the tofu jar in a gentle top to bottom rocking motion to fully suspend the starch in the sauce. Add the contents of the jar to the pan carefully as it will spatter. Stir gently and allow the sauce to thicken and coat the tofu well. It should take a minute or two. Serve.