Feast of Cross Quarters
Meal 1: White Beans w. Escarole & Roast Pork, Panzanella
· Heat the stew oven medium to a simmer. Simmer 1-2 minutes to heat the pork through and finish the escarole. You may need to break the pork up a bit.
· Arrange the salad in a large bowl.
· Heat a pan with some oil or fat over medium. Toast the croutons on each side adding fat if necessary. Add them to the salad hot with any extra fat from the pan and any additional dressings you like such as vinegar, bacon, other good oils, parmesan cheese etc. and toss the salad. Serve.
Meal 2: Winter Squash Bisque, Corn Bread, Succotash
· Warm the soup gently.
· Heat the succotash in some hot fat in a sauté pan. Toss. Season with salt to taste and serve hot.
· Serve the cornbread warmed. The best way is to slice it thick and toast in a pan with too much butter. About one minute per side over medium heat once the pan is hot.