Eggplant Curry and Street Corn Enchiladas
Meal 1: Thai Curried Eggplant, Rice Blend, Stir Fried Vegetables
· First! Remove the stem of Thai Basil from the bag of vegetables. Tear the leaves off the stem and reserve them. Discard the stem.
· Sauté the rice with a little oil to heat it through. A lid and a splash of water will speed the process.
· Heat the curry in a sauce pan to a gentle simmer. Add the whole basil leaves. They are eaten like a vegetable in the curry. Simmer 1 minute and serve over the rice.
· Remove the whole zucchini or piece from the vegetable bag. Cut it lengthwise in half. Cut each half lengthwise again. Cut these quarter sticks crosswise into 1/8" thick pieces and then add to the vegetable mix.
· Heat a sauté pan with a little oil over high heat. When just about to smoke add the vegetables and stir-fry. Work in batches to not over crowd the pan. Serve when bright and softened a bit.
Meal 2: Street Corn-Refried Bean Enchiladas w. Ranchero Sauce over Green Beans and Rice, Summercrisp Salad
· Microwave the enchiladas briefly to get the chill out. Ditto the ranchero sauce.
· Heat the enchiladas in the oven at 350° for 15-25 minutes depending on share size. Top with the ranchero sauce, bake 5 minutes more and serve.
· Dress the salad.