Eggplant Cannelloni and Three Sisters Soup
Meal 1: Roasted Eggplant Cannelloni with Fresh Marinara and Summercrisp/Frissee Salad
· Warm the eggplant and cheese container in the microwave briefly. Stir the contents to mix well.
· Carefully open and separate the cannelloni crepes. Divide the filling evenly into the crepes making a horizontal, evenly sized line across the crepe just below the middle. Roll them up like fat cigars. Transfer to a baking dish. Bake at 325° until heated through and lightly crisped. About 15 minutes. Longer for larger shares.
· Heat the sauce in the microwave. Top the heated cannelloni with the sauce and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve.
· Dress the salad.
Three Sisters Soup, Jalapeno Corn Bread, Black Bean Succotash
· Heat the soup gently or serve chilled.
· Slice the cornbread into thick slabs and toast in a pan with too much butter. Brown each side well. About 1 minute per side over medium heat.
Heat a little oil or bacon fat in a saute pan. Add the succotash and toss allowing to heat through.Check the seasoning and serve.