Dal w. Dosas and Ratatouille
Meal 1: Potato and Broccoli Dal with Dosas, Cucumbers Pickled with Fresh Turmeric
· Warm the dal gently, folding in the broccoli and being careful to not break apart the potato. Thin only if necessary and adjust the seasoning.
· Lightly toast the dosas ( crepe like pancakes )in a very lightly oiled pan to heat and crisp slightly.
· Serve the cucumbers at room temp.
· Serve all together using the dosas to hold the dal as a filling. Top with the cucumbers or serve them on the side.
Meal 2: Ratatouille, Polenta, Frisee Salad
· Open the polenta and pat dry if necessary. Cut into approximately 2"x2" squares or triangles. Heat some oil in a well seasoned or non stick pan. Over medium high heat fry the pieces allowing them to brown well and get crisp. 3-5 minutes per side. Add oil and adjust the heat as needed to keep the oil hot but not smoking and the polenta frying and not toasting.
· Heat the ratatouille in a saute pan, carefully folding to combine. Allow to just simmer and become fragrant. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve atop the polenta.
· Dress and serve the salad.