Bread Salad and Moroccan Chick Peas w. Summer Squash
Meal 1: Bread Salad w. Frissee, Summer Garnishes and Chick Peas or Roasted Pork
** Note there are two bags of greens. One has frissee and sliced carrots, green beans etc. This is the bread salad. The other has bibb lettuce and finely shredded carrot. This is the side salad.
· Toast the croutons in a sauté pan with a little oil/ butter over medium low. Turn to toast on each side. Arrange in a serving platter.
· Remove the pork from its jar and add it to the sauté pan. Allow it to sizzle and lightly crisp. Turn once or twice.
· Arrange the greens in the serving platter with the croutons and add the remaining garnishes.
· Add the pork hot to the salad, dress the whole thing lightly with oil, vinegar and salt and pepper and serve.
Meal 2: Moroccan Chick Peas w. Summer Squash, Spiced Flatbreads, Bibb Lettuce Salad
· Heat the chickpeas on the stovetop and allow to simmer 1-2 minutes.
· Toast the bread in a dry pan, toaster or over an open burner.
· Dress the salad.