Blintzes and Brussels Sprouts!
Meal 1: Savory Squash Blintzes, Mixed Greens Salad, Chick Peas with Parched Red Onions
· Microwave the squash briefly to get the chill out.
· Arrange 3 crepes per person and divide the squash filling evenly among them. Place the filling in the center of the crepe, shaped in a rectangle, orienting crosswise. Roll the bottom edge of the crepe over the filling firmly, securing the filling. Fold in the edges over the filling too, and roll from bottom to top to form the blintz. It should look like a little burrito.
· Heat butter over medium in a sauté pan. When hot add the blintzes seam side down and pan fry them to brown the crepe. About 1 minute. Flip to brown the other side. Serve.
· Serve the chick peas at room temp. You can also heat them up in the pan after the blintzes are done. Toss to serve and check the seasoning.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Brussels Sprouts Pan Roast, Spelt-Flax Batard and a Chocolate & Oatmeal Cookie
· Remove the bacon from the top of the jar of pan roast and gently fry in a sauce pan. Allow the fat to melt and the bacon to become fragrant. Add the pan roast and allow to come to a simmer. Simmer 1-2 minutes. Serve.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter or cheese.
· Enjoy the cookie!