Apple Crepes and Leek Stromboli
Meal 1: Savory Apple and Rosemary Crepes, White Beans w. Puffball Mushroom & Bacon Soffrito, Bibb Lettuce Salad
· Remove the apples from the cheese to a place or bowl. It is very OK if this is an imperfect process. Warm them in a microwave. Taste on to check the seasoning, add salt if you like. Also, you may want to warm the cheese a little too so it spreads easily.
· Lay out the crepes and spread the cheese across the bottom half. Top with the apples and fold the crepe over.
· Heat a little butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. When hot add a crepe and allow to cook 1-2 minutes. Flip carefully and toast the other side. transfer to a serving plate and repeat for the other crepes. Serve.
· Add a little olive oil to a pan. When hot but not smoking use a spoon to scoop the soffrito mixture from the top of the beans into the oil. Again, imperfect is fine. Fry briefly in the hot oil, stir, and add the beans. Stir carefully to marry the flavors and heat through. Serve.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Leek Stromboli w. Roasted Carrots, Fennel and Turnip
· Heat the stromboli in the oven at 375° for about 10 minutes to heat through.
· Heat a little butter or olive oil in a sauté pan. When hot add the vegetables and sauté to heat through. Check the seasoning and serve.