Aloo Mateer and Peanut Noodles w. Stir Fried Chinese Broccoli
Meal 1: Peanut Sauce Noodles w. Stir Fried Chinese Broccoli Medley and Braised Tofu w. Snow Peas
· Briefly microwave the noodles in a bowl to just loosen them a bit.
· Similarly, microwave the peanut sauce to warm it then drizzle it over the noodles and toss to mix thoroughly.
· Heat a little oil in a non stick or well seasoned large skillet.
· When smoking hot add the vegetable mix. Stir fry until brightened and slightly wilted. Some items will brown lightly. Season with a little salt and maybe add a splash of water to help cook the broccoli stem through. Serve beside/ atop the noodles.
· As best you can remove the snow peas from atop the tofu.
· Reheat and oil the pan. When hot add the snow peas and stir fry 1 minute. Reserve on a serving platter. Reduce the pan heat to medium.
· Shake the tofu and sauce thoroughly but gently and pour into the hot pan. Stir and allow the sauce to thicken and the tofu to braise. 3-4 minutes. When thickened and hot add the snow peas and serve.
Meal 2: Aloo Mateer, Sag Paneer, & Basmati Rice Pilaf
· Remove the snap peas from atop the aloo mateer and chop them coarsely. Heat the curry in a sauce pan adding a little water if necessary and checking the seasoning. Bring to a simmer and when the potatoes heat through, fold in the peas and serve.
· Remove the paneer ( white cheese ) from atop the sag paneer. Cut it into 3/4" chunks.
· Heat a frying pan with a little oil over medium high. When hot but not smoking add the cheese pieces and methodically brown them on each side. Then add the kale and yellow curry to the pan and toss all to combine and heat through. Serve.
· Heat a sauté pan with a little butter or oil. When hot add the rice. Do not stir. Allow the rice to heat and brown lightly before stirring. Toss and maybe use a lid to heat through. Serve under the curries.