Veggie Lo Mein and Tortilla Soup
Meal 1: Pan Fried Noodles and Stir Fried Vegetables, Braised Tofu
· Heat a little oil in a non stick or well seasoned skillet. When smoking hot add the noodles. Larger shares should work in batches. Stir and fry the noodles allowing them to brown a little. Transfer to a platter and reserve.
· Remove the tat soi leaves from the bag of vegetables. Chop them into 1-2 inch pieces. Toss with the remaining vegetables. Reheat the pan and add more oil. Again, when smoking hot add the vegetables, in batches if necessary and stir fry. They should wilt, brighten and brown slightly Season with a little salt or soy sauce and serve atop the noodles.
· Gently but thoroughly shake the jar of tofu. When the sauce is evenly in suspension, carefully turn the contents out into the hot saute pan Stir and allow the sauce the thicken. 1-2 minutes. Serve.
Meal 2: Tortilla Soup, Roasted Sweet Potato w. Cumin, Mixed Greens Salad
· Heat the soup in a sauce pan. Add about a 1/4 C of water per share to the soup to thin it a bit, adjust the seasoning, heat through, and serve .
· Heat a little butter in a saute pan. When hot add the sweet potatoes. Toss allowing the butter to dress them well. The cumin will become fragarant. Cook for about 2 minutes to heat through, then serve.
Dress the salad.