Vaquero's Pie and Flatbread Pizza
Updated: Feb 5, 2020
Meal 1: Vaquero's Pie, Chile Rice, Black Bean-Hominy Succotash
· Heat casserole in the microwave to get the chill out ( or heat all the way if you like) and finish at 325° in the oven until bubbly. 10 - 25 minutes depending on share size.
· Heat the rice.
· Heat a nonstick pan with a little butter or oil. When hot add the rice. Sautee until hot. Serve.
· Reheat the pan with a little oil over medium. Add the succotash. Toss and heat through and allow to become fragrant. 2-3 minutes. A lid will speed the process. Be careful as the hominy may 'pop' when sauteed. Serve.
Meal 2: Roasted Red Onion and Sun Dried Tomato Pizza, Lemon-Poppy Seed Chick Pea Salad, Spinach Salad
· Unwrap the pizza, arrange the shredded cheese and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for about 10 minutes to melt and lightly brown the cheese.
· Toss and serve the chick peas chilled.
· Dress the salad.