Two Killer Curries and Enchiladas
Meal 1: Pinto Bean and Cheese Enchiladas w. Ranchero Sauce and Spanish Rice & Escarole Salad
· Microwave the enchilada ( yes, the whole...) to get the chill out. Transfer to a 350° oven and bake for about 15 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
· Heat the sauce in the microwave. When the enchis are hot top with the sauce and return to the oven for 5 minutes more, then serve.
· Dress the salad OR Sauté the escarole in butter and serve as a side.
Meal 2: Curried Green Lentils, Kale Paneer, Kidgeree
· Heat the lentils gently.
· Remove the paneer (cheese) chunks for their jar and pat clean/ dry with a paper towel if needed. Larger shares will need to cut their paneer into approx 1" chunks.
· Heat a non-stick pan over med-high with a little oil. Fry the paneer chunks to brown on each side. About 30 sec. per side. Manage heat as needed.
· When paneer are all browned add the balance of the jar to the pan. Toss all and heat through. Transfer to a serving dish.
· Clean and reheat the pan with a generous pour of oil or butter. When hot add the kidgeree ( rice w. lentils and spice). Spread and allow to brown lightly, 2-3 minutes, then stir or toss. Allow to heat through and become fragrant. Serve under the two curries.