Thai Lettuce Wraps & A Summer Solstice Soup
Meal 1: Thai Lettuce Wraps w. Spiced Pork or TVP Filling and Coconut Milk Curry w. Napa Cabbage and Sweet Potato Noodles
· Select the bag of butterhead lettuce. It has red margins shading to a creamy green interior. The dark green leaves with pointy margins is frissee.
· Heat the ground pork or TVP in a sauté pan to just heat it through and become fragrant. The TVP will need oil added to the pan before adding the TVP.
· Heat the curry in a saucepan. Allow to heat through and the noodles to go from cloudy to clear. Serve.
· Spoon the filling into the lettuce leaves and eat like tacos. A squeeze of fresh lime is amazing on these.
Meal 2: First Day of Summer Pasta e Fagioli, Whole Wheat Poppy Seed Loaves, Frissee Salad
· Heat the soup to a gentle simmer and serve.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress the salad.