Rice Bowls and Veggie Pot Pie
The 608 CSK
March 21, 2022
Meal 1: Rice Bowl: Banana Leaf Roasted Pork & Adobo Black Beans, Roasted Hominy Succotash with Green Chiles, Black Rice Salad
· Microwave the pork and beans briefly to get it out of the jar, then heat through in a lidded sauce pan with a splash of water over medium low heat.
· Heat the succotash in a sauté pan with some butter. Toss and allow to heat through.
· Heat the rice in a hot pan with some oil. Allow the rice to become fragrant and brown a little. Toss, season, and serve under the veggies and pork.
Meal 2: Veggie Pot Pie with Crumble Top, Challah Rolls and Spinach Salad
· Warm the pot pie filling in the microwave briefly then transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes depending on share size and dish size. When hot add the crumble topping and bake 5 minutes more. Serve.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter or olive oil.
· Dress the Salad or Sautee greens if you prefer.