Ratatouille and Sweet Corn Fritters
Meal 1: Sweet Corn Fritters, Creamy Cole Slaw, Roasted Cauliflower.
· Watch the video above on cooking the fritters.
· Empty the fritter batter into a mixing bowl. Add a pinch or two of salt and mix. If the mixture is very loose or watery add a little flour to bind it. If it is too tight, add a few drops of water.
· Heat a little oil over medium in a saute pan. Non-stick is great. When the oil is hot add dollops of batter. CAREFUL!!! Some kernels will pop and spatter the oil. Allow to fry a minute or so to brown and set up. Use 2 spatulas to carefully turn the fritters and cook the other side. Transfer to a paper towel to drain and cool a bit. Serve.
· Toss the cabbage mix with a little salt, dress with the included slaw dressing, and serve.
· Sauté the cauliflower in a little butter to heat through and serve.
Meal 2: Ratatouille with Polenta and Romaine Salad w. Chick Peas
· Heat a little butter or oil or a blend in a saute pan. Non stick is great. Cut the polenta into squares or triangles as you are so moved. About 2"x2" is great. When the fat is hot add the polenta pieces and brown them nicely over medium high. Flip to brown the opposite side. 2-3 minutes per side. Reserve.
· Remove the basil leaves from the top of the ratatouille. Stem the leaves, lay them one inside another and roll them up into a little cigar and finely cut (crosswise) into ribbons called chiffonade. Reserve. Think of Julia Child affectionately.
· Heat just a little olive oil in a sauté pan over medium. When just getting hot add the ratatouille and toss carefully. Allow to heat through. Add the basil. Serve.
· Dress the salad.