Pot-au-Feu and Sweet Potato Casserole
Meal 1: Pork or Bean Pot au Feu, Spelt-Flax Bread, Escarole and Frisee Salad
· Heat the pot-au-feu gently in a saucepan allowing it to simmer a few minutes before serving.
· Warm the bread and serve with butter ( duck fat is good too!)
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Sweet Potato Casserole, Black Eyed Peas with Paprika Butter or Candied Fatback, Yeasted Cornbread
· Heat the gently in the microwave. Finish in the microwave until hot or transfer to a 350° oven until bubbly and lightly browned on top about 15 minutes, more for larger shares.
· Heat the peas in a sauce pan. Stir lightly. Serve when hot.
· Warm the cornbread. We like it sliced in thick slabs and toasted in 'too much' butter in a sauté pan until browned well on each side. About a minute per side over medium heat - it goes fast.