Noodle Pancakes and Pasta e Fagioli
Meal 1: Soba Noodle Pancakes and Miso Soup
· Turn the noodle mix out into a mixing bowl. Add a little sprinkle of salt and a little flour (no more than a couple teaspoons of flour). Mix to combine.
· Coat the bottom of a sauté pan with oil. Heat over medium to shimmering but not smoking hot.
· Add dollops of the noodle mixture ( portion about 3 per share) to the hot oil and flatten them with a spatula to about 3/8" thick. Allow to cook a good 2-3 minutes until set and then turn them to brown the opposite side - another 2+ minutes. Remove to a baking rack over paper towel to drain and cool a little. They are actually best not piping hot. Cook another batch as needed. Sprinkle with soy sauce and serve.
· Heat the soup over medium until hot but not simmering. Do not boil! Hold hot for 3-5 minutes and serve.
Meal 2: Pasta e Fagioli, Semolina-Flax Batard, Escarole Salad.
· Bring the pasta e fagioli to a simmer.
· Warm the bread.
Dress the salad.