Lo Mein Noodle Pancake w. Hot & Sour Soup and Chick Pea Fritters
Meal 1: Lo Mein Pancakes and Hot & Sour Soup
· Carefully transfer the soup to a saucepan - there is a large block of silken tofu in there- don't let it plop out and splash soup everywhere! Break the tofu into 1" pieces with a spoon or butter knife. Heat evenly over medium to heat through. Serve.
· Toss the noodles to evenly coat them in their dressing. Add a little sprinkle of salt. Heat a non-stick or well seasoned pan over medium high with 2-3T of oil. When just about to smoke add enough noodles to make a pancake you are comfortable turning/ flipping. Allow to cook undisturbed for 2 minutes and then flip. Cook 2 minutes more and serve on a cutting board, Cut into quarters, sprinkle with soy sauce and enjoy.
Meal 2: Chick Pea Fritters, Kamut and Wild Rice in Grapefruit-Poppy Seed Vinaigrette, Snug Haven Spinach Salad
· Heat some neutral (not olive) oil in a pan. You should coat the bottom of the pan well.
· Stir salt into the chick pea mixture to season it well. taste tsome to be sure you got it right.
· When the oil is hot but not smoking, add a dollop and shape it into a patty 3 about 3.5" around and 3/8" thick. Allow it to fry and brown. About 2 minutes. Turn using a spatula and cook the opposite side. Transfer to paper towels to drain and cook the remaining fritters. Serve hot with yogurt, tahini, etc.
· Serve the kamut salad at room temp. Check the seasoning and add S&P as needed.
· Tear up the spinach and dress the salad.