Equinox Stew and Pad Thai
Updated: Oct 15, 2019
Meal 1: Equinox Stew with Braised Pork Belly, Braided Challah, Sauteed Escarole
· Heat the stew carefully allowing it to come to a simmer for a minute or two to allow everything to heat through.
· Warm the bread. Try buttered and with a little honey.
· Sauté the escarole in a little olive oil or butter. Sprinkle with salt and serve when wilted. I love their mix of sweet and bitter and nutty with variation in the texture too. Great vegetable.
Meal 2: Pad Thai with Stir Fried Napa Cabbage, Kohlrabi and Corn with Kafir Lime Leaves
· Heat a little oil in a large nonstick pan. When hot add the vegetables and stir fry. Do not over crowd the pan and work in batches- especially larger shares. Transfer the cooked vegetables to a serving plate.
· Reheat and re oil the pan. Rinse the noodles and drain very , very well. Carefully add the noodles to the pan. It will splatter! Stir and toss the noodles to heat through. They will turn clear. (Again, work in batches if necessary.) When the noodles are hot and clear add the sauce and stir to combine and allow to heat through.
· Fold the vegetables into the noodles ( or serve atop them) and serve.
· If you like, fry an egg over-easy and serve atop the pad thai.
· Serve the kohlrabi salad chilled.
#bestofmadison #madisonmealservice #madisonmealsdelivered #dinnerdelivered #madisoneats #eatlocalyearround #wholefoodplantbased #zerowastemeals #knowyourfarmer #eatlocal #buylocal