Cheese Patties and Baked Apples
Meal 1: Southwestern Cheese Patties, Refried Beans, Wild Rice and Poblano Salad
· Heat a little oil in a sauté pan over medium.
· Transfer the cheese mixture to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt and taste to check the seasoning. Form the cheese into patties - figure 3-4 per person, by compressing them very firmly and then shaping into discs about 1/2 thick.
· When the oil is heated, but not smoking, add the patties gently. Allow them to brown, 1-2 minutes. Turn the patties and brown the other side. Serve hot.
· Heat the refried beans gently on the stovetop, or in the microwave
· Reheat the sauté pan with a little more oil. When hot, add the rice dish and sauté to allow to heat through and become fragrant.
Meal 2: Baked Apples Stuffed w. Chevre, Almonds, and Dried Fig, Kamut w. Pumpkin Seeds and Sultanas, Bibb Lettuce Salad
· Remove the chevre from the apples and reserve. Microwave the kamut and apples briefly to warm it and get the chill out. Transfer to a 325° oven and bake for 15- 20 minutes to heat through. Replace the chevre in the apples. bake 5 minutes more to soften the cheese and serve.
· Dress and serve the salad.