Cannelloni and Two Curries
Meal 1: Big Fat Cannelloni w. Marinara Sauce and Spinach Salad
· Remove the spinach from the top of the jar of filling. Chop coarsely and reserve. Warm the filling in bursts in the microwave, stirring between bursts. Fold the spinach back in when warm.
· Warm the sauce in the microwave too.
· Lay out the crepes and fill linearly across the middle. Fold up the bottom half, and then roll up like a fat cigar. Transfer to a baking dish lined with a little olive oil. Bake at 325° for about 15 minutes, or until hot through. Top with the sauce, bake 5 minutes more and then serve.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Napa Cabbage and Squash in Coconut Milk, Curried Green Lentils, Kidgeree
· Heat each of the curries gently.
· Heat a little butter in a sauté pan. When hot, add the kidgeree ( rice w. red lentils). Stir and fry until lightly browned, hot, and fragrant. 3-4 minutes. We have also found that spreading the rice out on a baking sheet in a convection oven works well too.
· Serve the curries atop the rice.