Big Fat Burritos of Roasted Pork Shoulder and Summer Vegetables
Meal 1: Big Fat Burritos, Red Rice w. Green Beans.
· Unwrap the burrito and give it a quick zap in the microwave to get the chill out.
· Now, either bake it at 325° for about 15 minutes to heath through and crisp the outside OR:
· Heat a generous amount of fat in a saute pan over medium - medium low. Lard, bacon fat, or a veggie oil/ butter mix work great. How much? The bottom of your pan should be covered. When hot but not smoking add a burrito seam side down. Be careful! Allow to fry and crisp up, turning golden brown. About 1 minute. Use tongs to rotate the burrito 180° and crisp the opposite side. Repeat to brown on all four sides. Serve that stove-top chimichanga with a dollop of somethin' on top.
· Remove the green beans from the rice and sauté them first in a little hot fat. Add the rice and toss to heat through.
Meal 2: Corn Chowder, Yeasted Corn Bread, Summercrisp Salad
· Heat the soup.
· Warm the cornbread gently in an oven and serve with soft butter and a pinch of salt. OR Cut into thick slabs and toast in too much butter in a sauté pan over medium/ medium high.
· Dress the salad.