Zuppa di Zucca and Big Fat Burritos
Meal 1: Zuppa di Zucca, Fried Polenta, Mixed Greens Salad,
· Heat the soup gently and serve when just simmering.
· Heat a generous quantity of oil in a non stick or well seasoned pan. Or heat a deep fryer. Unwrap the polenta and pat dry if needed. Cut into squares or triangles about 1.5 inches square. When the oil is hot, add the polenta, cooking in batches, and brown well on each side. 2-4 minutes per side over medium/ medium high. Drain on paper towels and serve.
· Dress and serve the salad.
Meal 2: Big Fat Bean and Pork Burrito and Sautéed Spinach
· Microwave the burritos to get the chill out. Transfer them to a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 -20 minutes to heat through and allow the tortilla to crisp up and brown lightly. Alternately, heat some oil or other fat in a sauté pan over medium. When hot but not smoking, add the burrito seam side down. Allow the burrito to deep fry about 1 minute to brown the tortilla. Then turn to its opposite side and repeat the browning. Repeat for each remaining side. Enjoy your stovetop chimichanga.
· Sauté the spinach in a little butter or oil to brighten and just wilt it. Serve. ( Or dress as a salad.)