Thai Rice Bowls and French Lentil Soup
Meal 1: French Lentil Soup, Semolina Batard w. Sesame Seeds, Snug Haven Spinach Salad
· Heat the soup gently and serve when just simmering.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter.
· Dress and serve the salad.
Meal 2: Thai Pork/ Tofu and Squash Curry Rice Bowls
· Heat the curry gently in a sauce pan.
· Heat a little oil in a sauté pan. When hot, add the rice and stir fry so some crisps and it all heats through. Transfer to serving bowls.
· Vegetarian- heat the tofu/peanut sauce carefully in a microwave to loosen it. Carefully transfer to a small sauté pan and gently heat to a simmer. You may need to add a little water. Use a lid to heat through evenly.
· Tear the pork into large chunks and pan fry in some fat to crisp the edges and toss once or twice to heat through.
· Take the slaw vegetables, season them with a little salt and toss with the small jar of pickled red onions. Dress with additional vinegar, mayo, oil, fish sauce, hot sauce etc. as you like.
· To assemble: We like rice on the bottom then squash curry, then pork or tofu, then slaw on top. Dig in!