Meal 1: Sweet Potato Casserole, Sautéed Collard Greens, Yeasted Corn Bread
· Use the microwave to get the chill out of the casserole, then bake at 325° for 15 -30 minutes depending on share size, or until bubbling up the sides a bit and heated through.
· Melt butter or bacon fat in a medium skillet over medium. When hot add the collards and stir and fry. Add salt and pepper and maybe a splash of water. Allow to brighten and wilt down and serve.
· Warm the bread in the oven and serve with soft butter OR cut into thick slices and pan fry in too much butter heated over medium. About 1 minute per side to brown well. Too good.
Meal 2: Kabocha Squash Thai Curry, Brown and White Jasmine Rice with Herbs, Mixed Green Salad
· Heat some oil or other fat in a sauté pan. Add the rice and toss. Allow the rice to heat through and crisp a bit. Season and portion into serving bowls.
· Heat the curry in a sauce pan gently. Allow to simmer a minute or two and serve over the rice.
· Dress the salad.