Meal 1: Sloppy Joe and Challah Roll, Red Cabbage Slaw w. Naval Orange Dressing, Pan Fried Baby Potatoes
· The sloppy joe is best heated in a sauté pan. Stir to heat evenly and allow to just simmer. A microwave is probably fine too. Het in bursts and stir to heat evenly.
· Warm or split and toast the rolls. I like to split them and toast in butter then serve open faced with the Joe on top.
· Place the slaw in a bowl. Season with a little salt and mix well, even crushing a little with your hand. Dress with the , uh, dressing and fold to combine and serve.
· Heat a little butter or oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Cut the potatoes in hald. When the fat is quite hot but not smoking place the cut face down in the fat and allow to brown. 3-4 minutes, but watch them. When brown, turn the potatoes and allow to heat through, 2-3 minutes. You may want to use a lid to speed the process. Moderate the heat accordingly and add fat if needed or desired. Season with S & P and serve.
Meal 2: Golden Turnip Bisque, Semolina-Flax Batard, Mixed Greens Salad
· Heat the soup.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress and serve the salad.