Semolina Gnocchi w. Butternut Ragu and Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
Meal 1: Semolina Gnocchi, Butternut Ragu, Sautéed Kale and Collards.
· Cut each gnocchi square into quarters, then cut each quarter diagonally. Arrange on a lined or buttered baking tray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 or until the pieces puff, the edges brown, and the gnocchi crisp lightly.
· Heat the vegetable ragu gently in a saucepan and serve atop the gnocchi.
· Sauté the greens in a little olive oil and maybe garlic. Season and cook to your desired doneness adding fat as necessary. I like bright green and just wilted.
Meal 2: Meat(less) Loaves with Braised Cabbage in Sweet and Sour Sauce, Roasted Potato Medley
· VEGETARIANS: Please be very careful with the baking tins and use only wood, silicone or other soft utensils with them. Metal will damage them. Wipe clean, no abrasive will be necessary.
· The veggie loaves can be removed from their tin with a soft utensil and turned out onto a dish. Microwave for about 45 seconds. Incrementally more if necessary.
· Heat the cabbage and sauce in a saucepan. Serve under the meatloaf.
· Heat a generous portion of butter and or oil in a sauté pan. When hot add the potato medley and toss. Allow to cook a minute or two and stir to mix. Add butter if necessary. Season with a little S&P. Stir again. Allow the beans and celery to brighten and heat. Test a potato piece to see if it has heated through. Serve when hot.