Roasted Eggplant Cannelloni and Sweet Corn Tamales
Meal 1: Eggplant Cannelloni with Arrabiata Sauce and Three Bean Salad
· Warm the cheese/ eggplant filling briefly in a microwave.
· Carefully open and separate the crepes. Lay the filling horizontally across the crepes just below center. Roll up into fat cigars and lay seam side down in a baking dish. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes .
· Warm the sauce briefly in the microwave. Top the cannelloni after 10 minutes oven time and return to the oven for 5 minutes more. Serve.
· Turn the three bean salad out into a serving dish, toss and serve chilled.
Meal 2: Sweet Corn and Cheese Tamales, Succotash, Mixed Greens Salad
· Heat the tamales in a microwave OR remove from their wrappers and heat in a sauté pan with hot butter, bacon fat or the like. Brown on both sides ( about 2 minutes per side ) and serve.
· Heat the succotash in a sauté pan with a little oil. Toss. Allow to heat through and serve.
· Dress the salad.