Pasta Shells and Sopes
Meal 1: Pasta Shells with Asparagus, Chevre and Preserved Lemon, Sun Dried Tomato Batard, Baby Bibb Salad
· Remove the asparagus from the pasta bag and chop into 1/2" pieces. On the bias (diagonal) is best.
· Microwave the pasta briefly to get the chill out.
· Heat some butter in a sauté pan over high. When hot add the asparagus and sauté. Add a pinch of salt. Toss. Add the pasta and toss again. Add butter if necessary to allow everything to be nicely coated and tossing well. Cook 1-2 minutes. Break up the cheese and add to the pasta. Toss and allow the cheese to melt and coat the pasta. Add a tiny slpash of milk, cream, or 1/2 and 1/2 to help coat everything. Add fresh black pepper and serve.
· Dress the salad.
· Warm the bread.
Meal 2: Spiced Sopes with Carnitas or Cheese topped w. Black and Kidney Beans w. Sweet Corn and Chilies, and Mexican Rice,
· Transfer the sope batter to a bowl and season with a couple pinches of salt per share and mix.
· Shape them simply like burger patties in your hands. Plan 2 or 3 sopes per share.
· Follow the cooking instructions in the video. Written instructions below:
· Toast them first in a dry pan 1 minute per side, then fry in a good amount of fat over medium heat about 3 minutes per side.
· Remove the pork for the jar and shred it a bit then fry it in some fat to crisp it a bit. Add the beans and toss it all together. Heat through and serve atop the sopes.
· Vegetarians: shred the cheese and serve atop the bean mix OR slice thinly and fold into the raw sope patties like a hidden treat in the middle and toast/ fry as described above.
· Heat a sauté pan over high. When hot add a little oil. When the oil is hot add the rice. Toss and allow to heat through and brown lightly. Serve.