Fried Rice and Sloppy Joes
Meal 1: Sloppy Joe on Challah Rolls, Sweet Potato Salad, Snug Haven Spinach
· Split the rolls and toast them.
· Heat the Sloppy Joe mix. Make your Joes. We like openface.
· Dress the salad.
· Turn the sweet potato salad out into a serving bowl and use a spatula to fold it all together, mixing the salad well ( but carefully!) and allowing a little bit of soft sweet potato to become part of the dressing. Check the seasoning and serve.
Meal 2: Fried Rice w. Stir Fried Vegetables and Braised Tofu & Broccoli
· Remove the shredded egg from the top of the rice and reserve.
· Heat some oil in a large sauté pan. When it is just about smoking hot add the vegetables. Stir and fry, but do not toss. Season with a little salt and stir. Add a little oil if necessary. Allow the vegetables to brighten and soften a little. Transfer to a serving dish.
· Re-oil and heat the pan. Add the rice( and pork, omnivores) and stir fry as above. Allow the rice to become fragrant, hot, and even brown a little, stirring as necessary to prevent sticking. When hot add the vegetables back to it and toss together. Add the egg at the end, toss and serve immediately on a serving dish.
· Shake the tofu/ sauce jar well to mix up the sauce thoroughly. Add the tofu and sauce to the hot pan and allow the dish to simmer over medium low heat, stirring if needed, to thicken the sauce and cook the broccoli through - about 2 minutes. Manage the heat and maybe add a little water to pace the process ensuring the broccoli becomes tender and tofu heats through without over-reducing the sauce.