Meal 1: Miso Roasted Daikon Hot Pot and Buckwheat Noodle Pancakes
· Carefully tip the contents of the hot pot jar into a sauce pan. Use a butter knife to divide the silken tofu into 3/4" to 1" chunks and gently bring the whole thing up to a simmer. Allow to simmer about 3 minutes to ensure the cabbage shreds cook through.
· Noodle Pancakes: Heat 3-4 T of oil over medium heat in a 10" skillet. Mix the noodles up in a bowl. Season with a little salt. If they are very loose add a tiny sprinkle of flour to re bind. If dry, use a little water to loosen. They should be fine...When well mixed scoop about a palm sized portion of mix into the center of the pan and spread in out into a 5-6 inch disk that is 3-4 'noodles thick' ( about 3/8"? don't fuss too much, but this is not a thick patty like the potato cakes). Portion 1, maybe 2 pancakes per share. Of course make smaller if you like. Allow the pancake to fry over medium a good 2-3 minutes, really letting the noodles crisp and the batter set. When ready, flip or turn the pancake and brown the other side. If you need to cook the top a little more, flip the cake over after 2-3 minutes and toast that side a little more. That's OK. Drain on a paper towel , cut into pieces and serve with a little soy sauce dip.
Meal 2: French Lentils with Chevre, Braised Savoy Cabbage and Pork, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
· Reserve the chevre. Heat the lentils in a sauce. When hot stir in the chevre, season and serve. Alternately reserve the chevre and sprinkle crumbles on top.
· Heat the cabbage ( and pork ) in a sauce pan. to allow to heat through. A lid can speed and even out the process, but can also overcook the delicate ( and wonderful) vegetables, so be careful. Serve beside the lentils.
· Cut the the potatoes in half lengthwise. Heat a little oil or butter over medium high in a sauté pan. When hot, add the potatoes cut side down and allow them to brown 3-4 minutes. Monitor your heat. When crisped and browned, turn to the other side and cook 2-3 minutes more. Check to see they are hot through, sprinkle with coarse salt and serve.