Big Fat Cannelloni & Big Fat Burritos
Meal 1: Spinach & Chevre (& Sausage) Cannelloni w. Marinara Sauce, Sourdough Semolina Batard, Escarole Salad
· Remove the oil cured tomato from the top of the cannelloni filling. Chop coarsely and fold into the filling. Microwave briefly, in bursts to get the chill out.
· Lay out the crepes and the divide the filling evenly among them - they will be fat! Roll them up and transfer to a baking dish, seam side down. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes to heat through and crisp the crepes.
· Top with the warmed sauce and bake 5 minutes more.
· Warm the bread and serve with the good olive oil.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Big Fat Burritos & Spanish Rice with Sweet Corn and Cilantro
· Microwave the burritos to get the chill out. Transfer them to a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 -20 minutes to heat through and allow the tortilla to crisp up and brown lightly. Alternately, microwave as above then heat some oil or other fat in a sauté pan over medium. When hot but not smoking, add the burrito seam side down. Allow the burrito to deep fry about 1 minute to brown the tortilla. Then turn to its opposite side and repeat the browning. Repeat for each remaining side. Enjoy your stovetop chimichanga.
· Heat some oil in a large sauté pan. When it is hot add the rice. Stir and fry until hot, fragrant and lightly browned. Serve.